I had a few bananas that were going bad, so I jumped onto pinterest to find something low fat to that looked interesting. After I saw this recipe for Nutella banana bread, I knew I had to make it.
This is changed a bit to my liking, but by all means, do it however you like.
Nutella Banana Bread
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar (I used 3/4c splenda)
2 large eggs
1 1/4 cups mashed ripe banana (I used 3 medium bananas)
1/3 cup skim milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 heaping cup Nutella
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 8×4-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray. (I always use foil…it never sticks, and my pans aren’t soaking for days.)
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda & salt.
3. In a separate large bowl, beat sugar and butter with an electric mixer at medium speed until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add banana, milk and vanilla. Beat until blended.
4. Add flour mixture, beat at low speed just until flour is incorporated (do not over mix).
5. Spoon Nutella into a small dish and soften in the microwave for about 15 seconds. Add 1 cup of the banana bread batter to the Nutella and stir until blended well. Spoon Nutella batter alternately with plain banana bread batter into the prepared pan. Swirl batters together with a knife.
6. Bake 50 to 60 minutes. (I baked it for 55)
Cool for at least 15 minutes in the pan, and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.